2.06.2012

Can't have the bitter without the sweet


I tend to eat when I'm upset. Or tired. Or really just any time I'm awake... Which I guess isn't really healthy since all I do in the exercise department is Yoga and Pilates... But that's not the point of this post! The point is that I eat when I'm upset. Each situation calls for something different, but I can basically categorize my what-I-eat-when-upset into two categories:

A) If I'm upset with others: Something sweet. We're talking cookies, brownies, ice cream, cinnamon rolls, waffles, french toast... you name it.

B) If I'm upset with my own actions: Something fruity. Actual fruit, Nutrigrain bars, sorbet, fro-yo, apple pie (<--- any fruit pie can fall into both categories and really fixes everything. So that's # 1 choice in a moment of sadness. Pie is a happy food.)

Yesterday fell into category B and all we had in the house was plain old yogurt, Fred Meyer brand. But it was there, so I ate it while listening to my Regina Spektor/Ingrid Michaelson Pandora channel and felt a whole lot better :) You can't have the bitter without the sweet, right?

On the upside to all of this... I am officially done with all college apps. Yes, you may squeal in delight with me (because we all know how much they suck) :)
Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment